Wednesday 16 May 2012

Some ideas about the experiment design

Today, I discussed experiment design with my supervisor. Currently, I designed three different tasks, which are graph transforming task, counting task and math operation task.The tasks involve recalling, applying rules and processing information. They use number of rules, time limit and amount of information to manipulate the cognitive load levels.
As my hypothesis for this experiment is related to the cognitive recovery time, so an important point in the experiment is how to control the task order and rest time between them. Now, I haven't come up with the detailed plan, but I would do more research on this topic and conduct some pilot study on it in June or July.
The supervisor also reminded me that I need to think about how to make the task adaptive to different people according to their real-time performance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment