Tuesday 20 March 2012

Literature Review - 2

Today, I had a meeting with the supervisor discussing the direction of the literature searching.

The supervisor recommended some important conferences to me, like ICMI (International Conference on Multimodal Interfaces), CHI (ACM Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems), some workshops and a local forum OzCHI. Additionally, it would also be useful to browse some pages for the leading teams working in the same research areas.

We also talked about some concerns of the published time of the papers, because some papers are written about ten years ago. I was not sure whether I should read them. From the Research Method Lecture in the uni, it recommended the papers published within about three years. Of course, for the basic theories, the published time does not matter very much,  but if I do want to know the current condition of the research area, I have to find more up to date ones. Finally, I decided to pay more attention to the papers from conferences held in 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment